The Public Humanities Hub offers a range of funding options and awards for graduate students, staff, and faculty in the Faculties of Arts, Law, and Education at UBC. Click the links below for more details about funding options, application requirements, and deadlines for each opportunity.
Multiple Faculty Fellowships are available each year to tenured or tenure-track UBC faculty. Public Engagement Awards are given to two recipients each year: one tenured or tenure-track UBC-Vancouver faculty member and one UBC-Vancouver graduate student, postdoctoral fellow, or sessional, adjunct, lecturer, or other contingent faculty. The Public Humanities Seed Grant is open to UBC graduate students, staff and faculty in the Humanities. Research Cluster Grants are awarded to up to five groups consisting of at least two Humanities faculty members and may also include graduate students and non-Humanities faculty.
The Public Humanities Hub can provide matching funds, a customizable conference website template, administrative support, space, publicity, honoraria, and SSHRC Connection grant-writing support for UBC-hosted conferences of interest to Humanities scholars. Email the Director for more information.
Other funding sources are listed below.
- Support Programs to Advance Research Capacity (SPARC)
- Social Ecological Economic Development Studies (SEEDS)
- Sustainability Funding Opportunities
- Community-University Engagement Support (CUES)
- Centre for Community Engaged Learning Fund
- Catalyzing Research Clusters
- UBC-V/UBC-O Collaborative Research Mobility Awards (Deadlines four times a year)
- UBC/University of Washington Collaborative Research Mobility Award
- UBC/UCLA Collaborative Research Mobility Awards